PreparationThis documentation is intended for Netcellent or Netcellent's developers. It use Netcellent's own environment as an example of how to perform certain tasks.
Our preferred method to test or debug a user's special custom mod is to make a working directory under folder like f:\nsi.pjt\85\cls. Then copy user's custom code to that directory, and then copy the contents of f:\nsi.pjt\85\mindev to the same working directory. You need to modify el850.cfg after the copy completes. You can then modify the code and update the LBT to include the IDY and CBL if necessary.
Drill Down Programs
Disable RunLocal SynchronizationWhile you are developing, you will not want RunLocal synchronization to occur. If it did, it would overlay any locally-changed B and U .LBRs and delete any non-matching E, C and V .LBRs. You can avoid RunLocal synchronization three ways:
- Start your testing in the Bin85 directory directly under the <Root> directory. For example, you could copy your .LBR files to J:\COB\SHARE\ELI85\Bin85 and execute EL850CC from there.
- From a standalone development directory (e.g., F:\NSI.PJT\85\CLS), make sure EL850.CFG has a [Path} section entry named Mprog. The presence of an Mprog entry under [Path] in EL850.Cfg prevents RunLocal synchronization for developers.
- From a Run Local or Run Hybrid folder, you can start EL850CC with a parameter that will eliminate synchronization:
This will cause the synchronization step to be skipped when Elliott starts up.
Edit the Registry (one time only)
- At a command prompt, enter REGEDIT.
- Navigate to the following node:
- Update the value of the Animate-EL850P string to "Yes." If the string value does not exist, add it and then set the value to "Yes."
Prepare the Program for Animation
- Compile the program for Animation, just like for Elliott V7.5.
- Add the .CBL, INT and .IDY to RU850E.Lbr or RU850C.Lbr or RU850V.Lbr, just as you did for V7.5.
Animate the Program
Main Programs and SubPrograms
- Start the Elliott V8.5 Control Center.
- Click the File menu. You will see sub-menu named Animate.
- Click the Animate sub-menu. The sub-menu will display a checkmark next to it.
- Start any menu item in the Control Center. An Animate text box window will appear. Continue animating as normal.
Drill Down Programs
- Before starting the Control Center, set the following environment variable:
- SET ANIM=DRILL
- Then start the Control Center.
- Whenever a program is drilled down to, it will be Animated instead of executed.