Disable RunLocal SynchronizationWhile you are developing, you will not want RunLocal synchronization to occur. If it did, it would overlay any locally-changed B and U .LBRs and delete any non-matching E, C and V .LBRs. You can avoid RunLocal synchronization two ways:
- Start your testing in the Bin85 directory directly under the <Root> directory. For example, you could copy your .LBR files to J:\COB\SHARE\ELI85\Bin85 and execute EL850CC from there.
- From a standalone development directory (e.g., F:\NSI.PJT\85\CLS), make sure EL850.CFG has a [Path} section entry named Mprog. The presence of an Mprog entry under [Path] in EL850.Cfg prevents RunLocal synchronization for developers.
Edit the Registry (one time only)
- At a command prompt, enter REGEDIT.
- Navigate to the following node:
- Update the value of the Animate-EL850P string to "Yes." If the string value does not exist, add it and then set the value to "Yes."
Prepare the Program for Animation
- Compile the program for Animation, just like for Elliott V7.5.
- Add the .CBL, INT and .IDY to RU850E.Lbr or RU850C.Lbr or RU850V.Lbr, just as you did for V7.5.
Animate the Program
Main Programs and SubPrograms
- Start the Elliott V8.5 Control Center.
- Click the File menu. You will see sub-menu named Animate.
- Click the Animate sub-menu. The sub-menu will display a checkmark next to it.
- Start any menu item in the Control Center. An Animate text box window will appear. Continue animating as normal.
Drill Down Programs
- Before starting the Control Center, set the following environment variable:
- SET ANIM=DRILL
- Then start the Control Center.
- Whenever a program is drilled down to, it will be Animated instead of executed.