- Plus Work Order
- Material Work Order
- Legacy Work Order
- Legacy Work Order - Standard bill of material is used. Material is allocated at the time the work order is created and back flushed when the work order production is reported and posted.
- Material Work Order - It captures the standard bill of materials and allows it to be modified on a work order by work order basis. It also allows users to report the actual materials being used at the time of reporting production.
- Plus Work Order - It is Material Work Order + Routing. It allows you to collect real time material and operation (labor) costs. Ideally, it will replace the legacy Shop Floor Control (SFC) and Job Costing (JC) module. Since it collects real time production data, including materials and labor, it is a better solution than Labor Performance (LP). Real time labor analysis is available through various screens and reports. It has a separate routing file maintenance, which replaces the Standard Product Routing (SPR) module. A separate cost master file replaces Standard Product Costing (SPC). The Plus Work Order will replace all legacy modules other than the Material Requirement Planning (MRP) and Master Scheduling (MS). MPR is implemented through the Available to Promise (ATP) feature in Elliott. MS is implemented through the forecasting function in the COP module.
Q - How do we “flip the switch” and turn on WO+ in the production environment? Is it possible to begin setting up routings in the module before it goes live or does it all have to be done at once?
- Essentially what comes first, the chicken or the egg? How do we create the new structure without losing data integrity of the current system…?
- Is there a conversion tool that can convert routings (primary and/or secondary) from shop floor control to Work Order Plus?
- Product Structure – Share the same database, no need to change or create anything new.
- Department, Work Center, Labor Grade, Operator, Operation ID – These need to be set up in the Work Order Plus new database.
- Routing file --- You can either create a new one or convert from the existing Routing in the SPR module. Work Order Plus supports routing with the Operation ID concept. You can use Operation ID as a basis to build up routing used by the Work Order Plus. This will make updating routing easier in the future by updating the Operation ID instead of routing by routing. The Operation ID concept does not exist in SPR. On the other hand, if you don't want to create these routings manually, Elliott does provide an export utility to retrieve existing routing file data in SPR and importing it into a CSV format. Then you can import the same CSV file to BOMP to create the routing needed for Work Order Plus. All “Notes” in SPR Routing will be converted to Elliott standard Note records that associate to the BOMP Routing file.
Q - Can Shop Floor Control and WO+ be run in the same production environment or does installation of WO+ require removal/conversion of all current orders?
A - Yes, SFC and WO+ can be run in the same production environment. You can convert part of your production (like by product line) to WO+ as a trial run before committing fully.
Q - Are there any changes to licensing that we need to be aware of as we move to WO+?
A - Work Order Plus is included in the standard Elliott package so there's no additional licensing cost to use it. However, to streamline your operations, you are encouraged to collect real time production data through bar code scanning inside the Work Order Plus production time clock system. Multiple operators can share the same time clock system. However, distance is an important factor to consider for convenience sake. Depending on how many production time clocks you want to add to your environment, this may increase your Elliott user license count requirements. If you choose to manually enter production data for Plus Work Order like SFC, then there is no additional licensing cost.