Q - I was told that I should run Manual Check Register Report under the Reports menu after processing manual AP checks through the following two areas:
I noticed the manual checks are posted after the posting in the above two steps. The data is updated to A/P Open Item, as well as AP Distribution to GL. So my question is why do I need to run the Manual Check Register Report afterwards? What if I skip the Manual Check Register Report, then what will happen?
- Accounts Payable -> Processing -> A/P Transaction processing, enter a pre-paid transaction with check number and date, then post the AP transaction.
- Accounts Payable -> Processing -> A/P Open Item Adjustment, enter a manual payment transaction, then post it.
A - The AP Manual Check Register Report serves the following purposes:
Even though item 1 above is not a critical step to have in the operation, items 2 - 4 are quite important for Accounts Payable. If you fail to run the Manual Check Register Report, then those areas will not be updated.
- It prints a list of manual checks and the vouchers paid by the manual checks.
- It updates the AP Check Reconciliation File.
- It updates the AP Check History Summary File.
- It updates the AP Vendor Amount Paid YTD and Discount Taken Fields.