Most of the time, the default Report Desk settings (located in EL850.Cfg and maintained by EL850CF.Exe) will work for your reports. But certain reports may need a special font, or a broader point size range, or different margins in order to look the best. It is now possible to override the default font and margin settings on a per-report basis at report design time.
To override the default settings, bring up a report and press the Modify button to display the User Defined Report Designer screen:
If the font and margins are overridden, the Override font/margin checkbox will be checked. If that is the case, press the Font/Margin... button to view or update the override values. If the checkbox is not checked, checking it will enable the Font/Margin... button and display the following dialog:
In this dialog, you can change any of the specified settings:
- Font Name: Press the button with the ellipses (...) to search for a specific font and select one.
- Point Range: Move the sliders to set the minimum and maximum point ranges, or enter them directly.
- Single Line %: Move the slider to set the precision for selecting the point size. The higher the number, the fewer pieces of text on the report will wrap onto a second line, but the smaller the font will be.
- You may press the Use Defaults button to reset the Font Information settings.
- Margins: Change any of the margins as desired.
- You may press the Use Defaults button to reset the Margins settings.
Back on the User Defined Report Designer screen, you may uncheck the Override Font/Margin button to remove any overridden settings for this report.
After making your changes in the designer, press Save to finalize them.