Answer: If you interface once a month, yes, you may delete the General Journal Transaction then Re-Interface (field # 6 = Y).
If not, here are some other steps to resolve the issue:
- Print GJ Transaction Edit List and get out of balance on the last page (i.e., $100.00DR)
- Print AR Distribution to GL Report (field # 10. Interface to GL Status? = “N”) and get out of balance on the last page (i.e., $100.00CR) If (1) + (2) = 0 then we know the out-of-balance portion still stay in the AR Distribution file.
- Ideally, you should perform the following interface and posting steps:
- Turn on “Allow out of balance posting” flag on GL setup (field # 1 = Y).
- Post AR Interface (Allow out of Balance Post = Y).
- Interface with AR the same as you've normally done before. The system will interface the rest of the un-interfaced portion to GL from AR. Of course, it is out of balance. Go ahead and post (with out of balance = Y).
- After posting, run Trial Balance to see if it is in balance.