1. Global Setup/A/R Global Control: Fields #1, 5 and 13 should set to "Y."
2. Set up new sales tax codes in the AR Tax Code file with the tax rate and the associated GL Account file.
3. Set up the tax code for the state level (Tax Code - 1): You should indicate the Taxable Tax Code and Non-Taxable Tax Code as well.
(AR/Maintenance/State Table File Maintenance)
4. Set up the tax code for the county level (Tax Code - 2):
(a). Verify that the "ZIP Code File" has been maintained in the System/ZIP Code File. The system will create the code automatically during file initializing.
(b). Set up the Tax Code - 2 in the County Tax Code File (AR/Maintenance).
4. Some cities may charge sales tax, so you should set up Tax Code - 3 as well.
Main/Util-Setup/System File Maintenance/City Xref File