Q - Is there a way to do a one-to-one restriction of customer and item in Elliott?
Example: Customer ROGER does not want item 123. Is there a way to stop an
order from being entered?
A - There’s a very powerful feature in Elliott called “Restricted Attribute” to handle this.
I am giving you an outline here on how to handle your scenario:
(1) Set up an attribute code, say STOPROGER. You can set up this attribute by going to Main Menu -> Util-Setup -> System File Maintenance -> Maintenance -> Attribute File -> Add.
(2) Set up a Restricted Attribute for worldwide and the attribute code STOPROGER by using the “Restricted when Present” option at the "4. Restricted Flag." You can do this by going to Main Menu -> Util-Setup -> System File Maintenance -> Maintenance -> Restricted Attribute -> Add.
(3) Then add attribute STOPROGER to customer ROGER.
(4) Then add attribute STOPROGER to item 123.
(5) To make sure it's set up properly, go ahead and enter an order for ROGER, and try to add item 123. The system should stop you from entering the item.
The restricted attribute feature is very flexible and can be used in many other scenarios. This is just one example.