I presume this is due to security settings. But I can't find the security flags to control this behavior. Please advise.
A - If there is an operator ID associated with the user login, the program will look at field 22 in the operator file. See sample screen below:
For a user that does not have an operator assigned in password setup, that user is assumed to have the right to inquire in all areas with Plus Work Order features without any right to make changes. The following are specific rights a user will have if the Operator ID is blank:
- 14. Work Center Time Clock? (Y or N) - N
- 15. Department Time Clock? (Y or N) - N
- 16. Work Order Time Production? (Y or N) - N
- 17. Work Center Operation? (Y, N, I or C) - I
- 18. Department Operation? (Y, N, I or C) - I
- 19. Production Detail? (Y, N, I or C) - I
- 20. Operator Time Clock? (Y, N, I or C) - I
- 21. Production Activity? (Y, N, I or C) - I
- 22. Production Inquiry of WO? (Y, N or C) - Y
In short, assigning an operator ID to a user will allow more precise security control with Work Order Plus features. For most of the users who are not involved in production, you can leave the Operation ID blank, which will give them the inquiry right to WO+, which is higher than the minimum right.