A - Yes, you can do so by first defining an item "DEFAULT-ITEM." Set the field "4. User Def Code" to "1." See sample screen below:
Then during adding an item, at field "3. Prod Category", press "F1 = Default Rest Of Item Fields." See this sample screen below:
This will cause all fields in the item file default to DEFAULT-ITEM value, including "4. User Def Code." If you don't wish to default certain fields in DEFAULT-ITEM, then leave them blank when you set up DEFAULT-ITEM.
By default, all fields in Item Master will default to zeroes or spaces when adding a new item with the exception of the following fields:
- Mfg Location: Per I/M Setup
- Unit of Measure: EA. This apply to stocking, purchasing and selling UOM.
- Backorderable Flag: Y
- Taxable Flag: Y
- Price Apply Flag: N
- Disc Apply Flag: N
- Material Cost Type: Per I/M setup
- Order Multiple: 1
- Calculate Commission Type: P
- Serial Lot Flag: N
- Activity Code: A
- Stock Flag: Y
- Control Flag: Y
- Purchase or Mfg: P
- Ms Item Flag: N
- Landed Cost Factor: 1
- Duty Rate: Per Global Setup for Landed Cost
- Web Item Flag: N
If you press F1 at "3. Prod Category," then the system will default all fields in DEFAULT-ITEM with the exception of the following:
- Item Cost Fields: The Item standard cost, last cost and landed cost fields will default to item average cost regardless of the setup in DEFAULT-ITEM.
- Item Purchase Unit of Measure: This field will default the same as Stocking Unit of Measure regardless of the setup in DEFAULT-ITEM.
- Item quantity on hand: This field will default to zero if it is a serialized item.
- Item Controlled Flag: This field will default to "N" if it is a miscellaneous item.
Please note that Elliott also allows adding new items through the following user interface:
- Adding New Items Through Style Group Interface
- Adding New Items Through New Item Import (this includes the ASCII and CSV format import)