Q: Can you explain the Status Code at Inventory Transfer Dispatch Screen?
A: The purpose of the "St" (Status) column is a 2 positions codes that indicate the real time status of the batch so user can easily see the current condition without needing to drill down to the batch detail. The first position can have the following values:
- N = New batch
- P = Batch transfer ticket printed
- R = Batch is ready to complete (all from & to bin are assigned)
- C = Batch is complete and ready to post
- T = Batch is in transit location
Therefore, based on the system design, the "St" column status value can be as followings:
1. NS = New batch and enough Stock to transfer.
2. N = New batch but no enough stock to transfer. No need to print transfer ticket.
3. PS = Transfer Ticket Printed and enough Stock to transfer.
4. P = Transfer Ticket Printed but no enough stock to transfer. No need to transfer.
5. R = After assigned “From” and “To” Bin before Complete
6. C = After Complete
7. T = In Transit Location (if transit location is used)
We suggest you not to print transfer ticket for a batch with "N" status because there's not enough inventory to complete the batch. Since the transfer ticket will suggest the bin to pick from, immaturely printing of transfer ticket will cause difficulty for transfer ticket to suggest the right bin to pick.
In the transfer processing, once the batch is ready (R), system will automatically ask if user wish to complete (C). Once it is completed, system will offer user to automatically post it. Once the batch is posted, it is removed from the dispatch screen. So if user take the default action to complete and post a ready batch, then you will not see the "R" & "C" status code in the dispatch screen. See sample screen below on the status column: