In I/M -> Processing -> Physical Count Processing -> Utility -> Import Physical Count Tag, we will require the user to provide a CSV file with the following columns:
- (A) Location (Can Be Blank)
- (B) Bin Number (Required If Location Uses Multi-Bin)
- (C) Count Tag Number (Can Be Blank)
- (D) Item Number
- (E) Quantity
- (F) Job Number (For Multi-bin only)
- (G) Serial No.
In the past, the serial number column was required as long as the item was a serialized item.
In this update, we made the serial number column optional if you specify "N" to "6. All Ser. Items Have Ser# in CSV ?" The idea is to provide you with two different count modes for serialized items:
- Quick Count Mode - Only count and compare the quantity of the serialized items. No serial number comparison.
- Comprehensive Count Mode - Will count and compare the serialized item. When serial number is mismatched, then it is an error, and the count tag will not be posted.
- In the tag import program, a serialized item doesn’t require a serial number in CSV as long as the user selects “N” for “6. All Ser. Items Have Ser# in CSV ?”
- In the tag import program, the program can consolidate sequential records with identical tag numbers, item numbers, job numbers, bin numbers and locations into one tag record, no matter whether it is a serialized item or not. If records are consolidated, the program will print additional information, like total consolidated records and total serial numbers, related to this tag.
- In generating the tag work file program (for Warehouse/Variance Amount report, Item/Warehouse report and Tag Reconciliation list), if a count tag for a serialized item has no serial number record, the program will not check missing or extra tag serial numbers.
- In the physical tag posting program, if a count tag for a serialized item has no serial number record, the program will not check missing or extra tag serial numbers.
Modified Programs: IMTAGIMP, IMTAGIMS, IMGTGWRK, IM10P2