Elliott V9 Changes Summary and Detail - Please Comment
Attached please find Elliott V9 Changes Summary and Detail documents. You can just read the summary document to get a good idea of what changes will take place in V9. Please comment if you can before we finalize Elliott V9 project. Thank you.
Avi Weissbard - Cybermac software LLC commented
I like the changes. Few comments that Dan and I thought of:
1. Search by name (Customer, Vendor, Item). I assume that the upper case search field will be eliminated but we will be able to continue to search by name and will be case sensitive.
2. Replacing the Note fields by Attribute - will we be able to search by these attributes? Currently many of my customers are using the Notes' fields as a search for their customer's number. In some cases there are 2 or 3 cross reference numbers for the same customer (currently kept in a Note field) and I am not sure how the search can be done after the change.
3. I see the Order Number, Invoice number etc are going to 9 digits. I didn't see the PO number and would like to see the PO number being 9 digits (or 9 + 2 with the release number) as well. This is extremely helpful for the Petroleum industry.
4. Price at 9,999,999.9999. There are situations where the unit price is more than $1,000,000. I suggest to allow a unit price accordingly.
5. Cost with 5 decimals. In some situations the "M" unit of measure is not allowed and it is necessary to present the cost with 5 decimals. There are Tax Jurisdictions where translating the tax to a number will cause 5 decimals. These are usually Petroleum Tax.
6. I assume Lot number will be changed to 18 characters as well.
7. I like to see Lot functionality on the same or close to the Serial processing level. I see the improvement of preventing splitting a COP line to multiple lines because of the different lots (nice !!!) but would like to see a better functionality in areas such as Inventory Transfer.
There are users suggest that Elliott V9 need to support plus work order with scheduling date at the routing level. Currently, Elliott plus work order support start and due date at the work order header level. But some users produce items that may take 2 weeks to produce. They need the scheduling at the routing level which SFC do. Then they need to print production scheduling report and material pick ticket for the date which is base on routing scheduling date. Without this feature, they can't covert to plus work order.