Skip to content

How to Void a Payroll Check

Release Date: 07/06/2018

Q - If I need to void a payroll check that has already been posted to GL, how do I go about doing this?

AVoiding a payroll check is not as easy as voiding an AP check. You'll need to make a negative (reversing) transaction to reverse all related amounts back.
  1. Go to Payroll -> Processing -> Manual Transaction Processing.
  2. Choose to add a manual transaction and enter the same amount from the original check, but use the “Negative” value including the employer deduction portion.
  3. Make sure the negative amount matches the “Net Pay” (negative amount) from the original check amount. Please see example below.
  4. Now post the manual payroll transaction to reverse the previously posted payroll check value.


Feedback and Knowledge Base