Report Desk: Font and Margin Overrides
Most of the time, the default Report Desk settings (located in EL860.Cfg and maintained by EL860CF.Exe) will work for your reports. But certain reports may need a special font, or a broader point size range, or different margins in order to look the best. It is possible to override the default font and margin settings on a per-report basis at report design time.
To override the default settings, bring up a report and press the Modify... button to display the Report Desk Designer screen:
If the font and/or margins are overridden, the pencil icon on the Font/Margins... button will be colored. If the pencil icon is not colored, this report uses the default font and margins settings. if you want to view or change the settings for this report, press the Font/Margins... button to display the following dialog:
In this dialog, you can change any of the specified settings:
- Font Name: Press the button with the ellipses (...) to search for a specific font and select one.
- Point Range: Move the sliders to set the minimum and maximum point ranges, or enter them directly.
- Single Line %: Move the slider to set the precision for selecting the point size. The higher the number, the fewer pieces of text on the report will wrap onto a second line, but the smaller the font will be.
- You may press the Use Defaults button to reset the Font Information settings.
- Margins: Change any of the margins as desired.
- You may press the Use Defaults button to reset the Margins settings.
If you press the Delete button, the overrides will revert to default settings.
Back on the User Defined Report Designer screen, the pencil icon will indicate whether or not there are any overrides.
After making your changes in the designer, press Save to finalize them.