Release Date: 03/19/2021
Version: 8.5 & Up
This feature is related to the following KB article - "Use Note Type for Special Instructions on VICS BOL."
In the previous change, we allowed users to define whether to copy order notes to the VICS BOL special instructions area. Typically, users want to put contact names and phone numbers in this area. With our legacy EDI implementation, we stored that information in order notes. With Elliott SPS Service (ESS), we use order attributes exclusively. Hence, we needed a method in Elliott to retrieve contact information from attributes when creating the VICS BOL.
The following is an example of how ESS may create order attributes for contact information:
We need to put this information in the VICS BOL Special Instruction area as follows:
To accomplish this, you will go to the customer's EDI Profile Maintenance area. Go to screen 7, and look for flag 2. See sample screen below:
The possible values for this field are:
- O=Notes - This is to support the legacy EDI interface -- the system will prompt you to enter note type if you choose this option.
- A=Attribute - This is the new option to support the ESS interface.
- N=Do Not Copy
- Space=Default - System will use Global Setup -> Cop-Ctl -> VICS Bill of Lading -> 2nd Screen -> Flag 28. Copy Order Notes to Spec Instr. for Note Type.
If a user chooses "A"=Attribute, the following window will pop up. Based on the example above, we should set it up as follows:
Please be aware of the following rules:
- Users can define up to two attributes' reference fields when creating the VICS BOL.
- You do not have to use both attribute code 1 and code 2.
- Attribute reference field values will be appended to the end of Literal (if they have value) with one position space in between.
- You can leave the attribute code blank and still use the Literal. In that case, the Literal will become a constant value. The maximum length for Literal is 30 digits.
Modified Programs: ARCUSEDI, ARCUSEXT.FD, CPBOLINS