Release Date: TBD
Version: 8.6 and above
After installing Elliott V8.6 for the first time, you will need to make some configuration changes. On the Databases Tab, you will need to configure the Avalara Integration settings. Click on the info button for each company you need to setup. This will display the Optional Database Properties window.
Setup the Avalara Tax
Use Avalara Tax Engine: During the various areas of interfacing with
Avalara, this flag will be checked first. If the feature is not enabled but the
calculate taxes option is enabled in Global Setup, the user will be given a
message to indicate Avalara Tax Integration is not turned on in Configuration.
Account ID: Enter the Avalara Account ID. This is provided by Avalara.
License Key: Enter the Avalara License Key. This is provided by Avalara.
Company Code: Choose the appropriate company code from the drop down list that corresponds with the company/database being setup.
Service URL: Enter the URL to access the Avalara web site admin page.
Test Connection: After entering the appropriate Account ID and License Key, press the button to test the connection to the Avatax web services.
See https://support.elliott.com/knowledgebase/articles/1937566-elliott-v8-6-configuration-utility-el860cf-exe for complete instructions.
After the installation of Elliott version 8.6, you will need
to setup Report Desk and PowerSearch. You may need to review the status of your
database index. If you have
previously converted your database with the DDF2BTR.EXE to make your data
compatible with third party relational applications like Crystal Reports or Web
Services, then there’s no need to convert it again. If you are not sure if you
have previously done so, call Netcellent to confirm.
If you determine that you need to run DDF2BTR, you should do
that now, before proceeding with Report Desk or PowerSearch setup. DDF2BTR.EXE
can be found in <ElliottRoot>\bin86 . For more information on how to use
this utility, see http://support.elliott.com/knowledgebase/articles/850704-when-and-how-to-use-ddf2btr-exe-utility
Enable Report Desk
By default, Report Desk is not enabled in Elliott V8.6. To enable it, you will go to System Utilities -> Global Setup -> System -> Comp. Specialized Control and answer “Y” to “Use Report Desk?” flag. See
https://support.elliott.com/knowledgebase/articles/1959568-report-desk-setup-and-configuration for complete instructions.
By default, PowerSearch is not enabled in Elliott V8.6. To enable it, you will go to System Utilities -> Global Setup -> System -> Comp. Specialized Control and answer “Y” to “Enable PowerSearch/Use Def Search Only?” flag.
By default, Avalara Integration is not enabled in Elliott V8.6. To enable it, you will go to System Utilities -> Global Setup -> Add-on-> Avalara Integration.
1. Use Avalara Sales Tax ? - Default is N. Enter Y to enable the Avalara integration. Validate Country, Auto Assign Tax Codes and Use Zip Code & City Xref Table must be enabled in A/R Global Setup. Also, the Avalara Tax Integration section must be setup in Elliott Configuration.
2. AvaTax Environment - Valid options are P=Production and S=Sandbox. The default is P.
3. Commit Transactions? - Default is N. Enter Y to commit commit sales
transaction. This must be enable to commit sales tax transactions.
4. Calculate Taxes? - Default is N. Enter Y to calculate taxes. If set to N, tax calculations will use the method provided by Elliott.
5. Validate Addresses? - Default is N. Enter Y to force address validation when an address is entered or changed in the Customer, Ship-To, Order, Recurring Order, Location maintenance applications.
6. Use AvaTax UPC? - Default is N. Enter Y to pass
the UPC code when calculating taxes.
7. Logging Level (N/A) - B=Brief, D=Detail, E=Errors Only (all transactions are logged while in Beta.)
8. Company Exemption Number - Enter your company's tax exemption code if applicable.
9. Timeout Length - Debug setting to force timeout. Should be set to zero.
10. Next Tax Batch Queue ID - Next batch number for the tax queue. Defaults to 1.
11. Tax Adjustment Account - Enter the tax adjustment account. This is used when there is a service interruption and there is a difference in the amount of taxes calculated by Elliott versus the amount calculated by Avalara. The adjustment amount will be posted to this account.
12. Validate Country? - Default is N. This determines if the country is validated when entered in an address field.
13. Default Sales Tax Account - Enter the default tax code that should be used state, county and city tax codes are created through the Create Tax Codes application.
14. Default Cust Exempt Use Code - F7 Search is available. Enter the default exempt code that will be used when creating _USECODE attribute records for non-taxable customers and ship-tos when not defined at the customer type.
15. Default Item Tax Code - Defaults to P0000000. F7 Search is available. Enter the default tax code that will be used when creating _GOODSERVICES attribute records for items when not defined at the product category or user defined code.
16. Default Misc Charges Tax Code - Defaults to OH010000. F7 Search is available. Enter the default tax code that will be used when calculating taxes for miscellaneous charges.
17. Default Freight Tax Code - Defaults to FR020100. F7 Search is available. Enter the default tax code that will be used when calculating taxes for freight charges when not defined for the order's ship via.
18. Default Foreign Addr Tax Code - Enter the default tax code to use for foreign addresses. Entry is required.
Go to Inventory Management-> Maintenance-> Location File. Verify that each location has a valid address. This information will be used when calculating taxes. If the location address is not entered, Order Entry will calculate taxes using the traditional Elliott method.