Version: 8.5 & Up
In this article, we show you how to install Elliott 8.5 on the server and set up a run local icon on each workstation. We also touch on the Elliott folder structure and provide a brief explanation of DATA folders for multi-company features.
Elliott 8.5 Requirements
- You must install on the PSQL server. For the required PSQL version for Elliott 8.5, please reference this KB article: https://support.elliott.com/knowledgebase/articles/810633-psql-version-required-by-each-elliott-version
- You must install on Windows Server 2012 & up.
- You need to login as admin or equivalent users to install.
- You must have a network share already created.
- If this is an update to an existing installation, your Elliott registration must not be expired.
Installing Elliott 8.5
- Install Elliott to the equivalent local path of the network mapped drive path.
- If the <ElliottRoot> folder already exists, then this an update. The BIN85 and a few other folders will be updated.
- If the <ElliottRoot> folder does not exist, then this is a new installation. All folders and files will be installed. The Elliott configuration utility will pop up and prompt for setup.
Create Elliott Desktop Icon
- For a new installation: Create Run Location & Desktop Icon by navigating to the mapped network drive. Execute <ElliottRoot>\Bin85\EL850.EXE.
- For a new installation: Repeat the above step for each workstation.
- Start up Elliott.
- Explain the Elliott Folder structure and company database subfolders: TUTORIAL, DATA, DATA_?? subfolders.
For an indepth presentation of how to install Elliott 8.5 and create the desktop icon to run Elliott from the local folder, you can watch the follow YouTube video: https://youtu.be/XvieDlMvCdY