Release Date: 09/13/2023
Version: 8.5 & Up
In this article, we show you how to install Elliott 8.6 on the server and set up a run local icon on each workstation. We also touch on how to use the EL860DB and EL860CF utilities to create a relational database and change Elliott 8.6 configuration after installation.
Elliott 8.6 Requirements
- You must install on the PSQL 13 or 15 server.
- You must install on Windows Server 2012 & up.
- You need to login as admin or equivalent user to install.
- You must have a network share already created.
- If this is an update to an existing Elliott 8.6 installation, your Elliott 8.6 registration must not be expired.
Installing Elliott 8.6
- Install Elliott to the equivalent local path of the network mapped drive path.
- If the <ElliottRoot> folder already exists, then this an update. The BIN86 and few other folders will be updated.
- If the <ElliottRoot> folder does not exist, then this is a new installation. All folders & files will be installed. The Elliott configuration utility will pop up and prompt for setup.
- The installation process will call on the EL860DB (Elliott Database) utility to allow you to create the relational database. Important features like Report Desk and Power Search in Elliott 8.6 require relational operation. To take advantage of those features, it is necessary to create the corresponding database with this utility to simplify the process.
- The installation process will call on the EL860CF (Elliott Configuration) utility to allow you to change enter license key or change configuration. You need to link your company to the corresponding database to start using the relational feature in Elliott 8.6.
Create Elliott Desktop Icon
- If this is the first time you're installing Elliott 8.6, you need to create the Run Location & Desktop Icon by navigating to the mapped network drive. Execute <ElliottRoot>\Bin86\EL860.EXE.
- For new installations: Repeat the above step for each workstation.
- Startup Elliott. You can run Elliott 8.5 & 8.6 side by side. But you can't run 8.5 and 8.6 on the same desktop at the same time.
- If you need to create more databases for different companies, run <ElliottRoot>\Bin86\EL860DB.EXE.
- Bring up the Elliott configuration utility <ElliottRoot>\Bin86\EL860CF.EXE to link the company with database.
For indepth presentation of how to install Elliott 8.5 and create the desktop icon to run Elliott from the local folder, you can watch the following YouTube video: https://youtu.be/Z1xFcyPnjAg