Instructions to Install Elliott V8 on Top of Elliott V7
In this document, we assume your existing Elliott V7.5 is installed in the M:\Elliott7 folder. If it is not, change to the drive letter and path that match your environment. The following is a list of steps you should pay attention to when installing Elliott V8 on top of Elliott V7.5.
You must install Elliott V8 on the Elliott server (PSQL server) console or through a remote desktop session. Do not install from a workstation.
- Discuss this with your Netcellent representative, who will provide you a method to download ELLIOTT8.EXE installation package.
- The same Netcellent representative will send you the necessary registration file (i.e., ELIREG80.DAT and ELIREG80.TXT)
- Verify your existing Elliott V7 folder by right-clicking on your Elliott V7 icon and selecting Properties (Start In e.g., M:\ELLIOTT7).
- Launch ELLIOTT8.EXE then change the destination folder from the default of C:\ELLIOTT8 to your V7 folder (e.g., M:\ELLIOTT7).
- The V8 programs will be installed into a subfolder called BIN (e.g., M:\ELLIOTT7\BIN)
- Copy the registration files (ELIREG80.DAT & ELIREG80.TXT) into the BIN folder.
To set up Elliott V8, please refer to the document in the link below, starting on page 3.
Update Elliott V7.5 to the Most Current Version
Since you will be running Elliott V7.5 and V8 side by side, you should keep them at the same revision level. For example, Eliott V7.56.706 and Eliott V8.06.706 are at the same revision level. Assuming you are installing the latest Elliott V8 on top of Elliott 7.5, then you should install the latest Elliott V7.5 release as well. Once you switch all users to Elliott V8 and stop using Elliott V7.5, then you don't need to perform this step anymore. The following are steps to install latest Elliott V7.5 update:
- Download the latest Elliott V7.5 update package ELI75UP.EXE from this URL: http://www.elliott.com\eli75up.exe. Alternatively, you can also download from the support download area of www.elliott.com website.
- Run the installation from the Elliott server into your current Elliott V7 folder (e.g., M:\Elliott7.)