Version: 8.5 and Above
This feature is added to provide better support of EDI 850 in the PO module. In PO -> Utility -> Purchase Orders Export, this function will now behave based on the Vendor EDI Profile if one exists. Otherwise, the system will use its original logic which has the following limitations:
- It is designed to export new POs only;
- All vendors share the same exported ASCII file name per Global Setup.
Vendor EDI Profile
A new special function, EDI Profile Maintenance, is now available in Accounts Payable-> Maintenance/Inquiry -> Vendor File (Add or Change mode). Users can utilize the "Special Function" (the icon looks like "fx") -> EDI Profile Maintenance to access. This function allows the user to set up the EDI profile for a specific vendor. See sample screen below:
1. Export New PO? Options are:
- Y=Yes(Manually) - New purchase orders will only export when running the Purchase Order Export Utility.
- N=No - New PO will never be exported. This is the default.
- A=Automatically or Manually - New PO will be exported in printing purchase order post routine (automatically) or when running the Purchase Order Export Utility (manually).
2. Export Canceled PO? Similar to the above, this flag decides whether a canceled PO will be exported. Keep in mind that the original PO export utility does not export canceled POs. So if you want to export a canceled PO, you must set up the vendor EDI profile and set this flag to "Y" or "A."
3. Export Changed PO?
Similar to the above, this flag decides whether a changed PO will be exported. Keep in mind that the original PO export utility does not export changed POs because a changed PO was exported previously. So if you want to export a changed PO, you should set up the vendor EDI profile and set this flag to "Y" or "A." A changed PO is for scenarios in which line item(s) is/are canceled, quantity or pricing is changed...etc. Some trading partners may not have the ability to accept changed POs, so you should set this flag accordingly. For those trading partners that do not accept changed POs, you should set this flag to "N" and communicate with them manually for the changes. In ESS (Elliott SPS Service) implementation, a changed PO is mapped to a "replacement PO." SPS would map the "replacement PO" to EDI 860.
4. Export PO Line Item Expanded Comment? Default is N. If you do use expanded comment in PO line item (60 characters x 14 lines,) you can optionally send expanded comments as PO line item notes to your trading partner.
5. Export Header Attribute? Default is N. This option is not applicable at this time.
6. Export Line Item Attribute?
Default is N. This option is not applicable at this time.
7. Export PO Filename and Path: Enter the path and filename where the data should be exported. This allows you to have a different exported ASCII file per vendor.
8. Export Mfg Item No. as Vendor Item No.? The default is N. If it is set to Y and the manufacturing item numbers is setup consistently in item master extra data area, then the manufacturing item number is exported as the PO line item vendor item number. The PO line item vendor item number is mapped to "Buyer Part Number" (i.e. your vendor's item number) which is most likely required by your trading partners. This flag is important if you don't always set up PO Item Vendor data.
9. Allow 1 Digit Ship-To Location Code? The default is N. If it is set to N, users will not be able to save a purchase order with a ship-to code that is one character if the vendor has an EDI profile and the EDI flag is set to Y. It it is set to Y, any ship-to code can be used.
10. Default Drop Ship PO EDI Flag to 'Y'? The default is Y. If set to N, the EDI flag on the purchase order header screen will default to N for drop ship orders. Otherwise, the field will default to Y.
Please also looks at the following KB article for related features:
Printing Purchase Orders Immediately
If purchase orders are printed immediately when a purchase order is added, changed, or cancelled, the purchase orders will be exported immediately if the Vendor EDI Profile is configured to support it.
There are three options in the Vendor EDI Profile:
- Export New
- Export Canceled
- Export Changed
The options are: Y=Yes (Manually), N=No, A=Automatically or
- If set to Y, purchase orders will only be exported when running the Purchase Order
- If set to N, purchase orders will never be exported.
- If set to A, purchase orders will be exported when the purchase order is printed (and when the post
routine takes place) or when running the Purchase Order Export
Purchase Order Export Utility
The Purchase Order Export Utility now supports exporting new, changed, and canceled purchase orders honoring the new vendor EDI profile. Please note that the Purchase Order Export parameter screen will always export the data when specifying one purchase order. Entering one purchase order for the starting and ending purchase order range will automatically set the option "Export Order Already Exported" to Y.
If the vendor EDI profile
exists, the system will first check the Purchase Order EDI flag to determine if the purchase order should be exported. If the vendor EDI profile exists the purchase order EDI flag must be set to Y for the purchase order to be exported.
Export Error and Success Reporting
Two log files are produced when exporting purchase orders during the purchase order post
routine after printing or when running the Purchase Order Export
Utility. These log files can be found in the LOG folder. You may find those files in the following path:
where <ElliottRoot> is like "M:\Elliott7" and 99 is the company ID like 01, 02...etc. The NAME.LOG is the log file name.
POORDEXP-Export.LOG - This log file contains a list of the orders that were exported. The log file contains the date, time, Elliott user, vendor number, purchase order number, and the purchase order status.
09/07/21 13:44:56 EMK S&W 035953-00 PO Exported - New/Change
09/07/21 13:53:58 EMK S&W 035953-00 PO Exported - Change/Duplicate
09/08/21 05:44:47 EMK RUG 042399-00 PO Exported - New/Change
POORDEXP-Error.LOG - This log file contains a list of orders that encountered an issue during the export or if the application is unable to open the export file. Here is an example of the errors:
09/07/21 13:05:38 Order-No : 042399 Item-No : 5065-RUG
Msg : Item Number Is Not On File
09/08/21 04:47:02 EMK Error Exporting for S&W 035953-00 TO 035953-00 Path J:\ELIDAV\EDI\EXPORT\POSW.EXP
Note - It is important that you review the POORDEXP-Error.log file from time to time. POs may not be exported because a user may not have proper drive mapping or due to an NTFS issue. This is especially true if you choose to export POs automatically. Your users may naturally assume all printed POs are exported. But in reality, a PO may not be exported due to a file IO error. So you should review this file and make sure that does not happen.
Programs Modified: AP0101, PO0203, POORDEXS, POORDEXP
Programs Added: APVENEXT.SL, APVENEXT.FD, APVENEXT.WS, APVENEXT.DS, APVENEXT.IO, APVENEDI.CBL, POEXPPO.CBL